Last updated: 2018-07-26
This policy explains what types of information is collected by Equinox”s website, www.equinoxinitiative.org, and how this information is used.
What Personally Identifiable Information is Collected
Visitors to this website may choose to use our contact form to request information from Equinox and voluntarily provide contact information such as name, email address, and/or phone number. We may use this information for specific, limited purposes. You may always “opt out,” either now or at any time in the future, if you do not wish to receive our messages.
Equinox uses your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer the website, and for statistical metrics used to track website visitor traffic. We will not share your IP address.
This website uses “cookie” messages to automatically help provide better services. They remind us who you are and your preferences for our website based on what you’ve done and told us before. The “cookie” is placed in your computer and is read when you come back to our website. Cookies let us take you to the information and features you’re particularly interested in. They also let us track your usage of this website, so we know which parts of our sites are most popular. You can reject cookies or cancel them by instructing your Web browser accordingly.
How Your Information May Be Used
Contact information provided to us may be used to respond to inquiries regarding our services. You may choose to opt out at any time, which will cease all communications from us.
Relevant data protection laws provide you certain rights regarding the protection of your data, including the right to:
- Access—Upon request, Equinox will confirm any processing of your Personal Data and, and provide you with a copy of that Personal Data in an acceptable machine-readable format;
- Rectification—You have the right to have Equinox correct any inaccurate Personal Data or to have Equinox complete any incomplete Personal Data;
- Erasure—You may ask Equinox to delete or remove your Personal Data and we will do so in some circumstances, such as where we no longer need it (we may not delete your data when other interests outweigh your right to deletion);
- Restrict processing—You have the right to ask Equinox to suppress the processing of your Personal Data, but Equinox may still store your Personal Data;
- Object to processing—You have the right to object to your Personal Data used in the following manners: (a) processing based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority (including profiling); (b) direct marketing (including profiling); and (c) processing for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics;
- Data portability—You have the right to obtain your Personal Data from us that you consented to give us or that is necessary to perform fulfillment of member benefits with you. We will give you your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format;
- Complaint to a supervisory authority—You have the right to file a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement if you consider that the processing of Personal Data relating to you infringes upon your rights; and
- Withdraw consent—We rely on your consent to process your Personal Data; you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on your prior consent.
Equinox does not provide, sell, or rent email addresses to anyone outside the organization.
This website includes links to external websites. These links do not fall under the www.equinoxinitiative.org domain, and Equinox is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of external websites. Your use of any linked website is solely at your own risk.